Re•new•all Quarterly Update
We will gather in celebration of the Lord's work here at Silver Lake. This year titled "Founders' Day", we will take time to honour those who paved the way here since the Camp began in 1958. The vision has remained: that Silver Lake would be a place people could gather and know the love of God.
Schedule for “Founders’ Day”:
- Pictures & Appetizers – 4:00 PM
- Gala Dinner & Programme – 5:15 – 7:45 PM
Guest Speaker – Dr. Steve Elliott
Music Co-ordination – Rev. Larry & Carolyn Mack
Communion Service – Rev. Bert McCutcheon
A special thank you goes to Gail Ryan, Judy Dow and their team for the decorations and dinner preparations. Come see this year’s special theme.
Tickets are limited but still available at slwcgala.eventbrite.ca, or by contacting our office. You won't want to miss the wonderful meal and fellowship in celebration of the Lord.
So What's Been Happening This Summer?:
- A fantastic summer camping programme has been blessed by the Lord and His presence. The onsite leadership team of Jennifer, Bernie, Tod, Cynthia, Clint, Rebecca and Stacy made sure the camp kept running smoothly. Kyle Burman spearheaded the children’s programmes. Family Camp was awesome. “ Best ever “ commented one long-time participant. Over 100 volunteers, including leaseholders & campers, contributed their time and efforts to the Lord’s ministry.
- All donation and pledges to the Renewall Capital Campaign are being exclusively used for the upgrade of the facilities. The Camp Board has established a separate bank account for these funds. As of July 31st 2017, a total of $246,024 has been pledged and received. We greatly appreciate your commitment and support. Although your gifts are needed and greatly appreciated, we covet even more your prayer support. SLWC must continue to focus upon families, churches and our neighbours having a vital relationship with Jesus. Let’s invest today for our campers’ eternity!
- Plans are moving ahead on the renovations of the Camp Centre. The M.O.E. application has been submitted. An engineering company has been engaged so the building permit can be issued. A further update will be presented at the Gala Dinner.
- Should you or a friend wish more information on the Capital Campaign or on making a donation, contact Les Jewell (firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-968-2968) or Bernie Fast (email@example.com or 613-268-2770)
We are again thankful to all of you who have chosen to be a part of this campaign.
Yours in Christ,
The Re•new•all Capital Campaign Committee
Les Jewell (Chair), Bernie Fast, Gabriella Gay, Kevin Gay & Jake Warren