Re•new•all Quarterly Update
Welcome to Spring
Although we may not feel that winter is over, (in some areas it is still hanging around) it’s official, spring is here. With spring comes a new season of programs and activities at Silver Lake Wesleyan Camp. Have you received your copy of the Camp Calendar? It outlines all the camp-sponsored programs. If you would like one, two or three, call the camp office at 1-877-511-2267. You won’t want to miss out on the many opportunities for family and friends to experience a great environment for spiritual and physical RENEWALL!
Save the Date: Silver Lake “Founders' Day” Gala – September 16, 2017
Plan to attend and bring family & friends
For the third year in a row, we will gather and celebrate the Lord’s love and generosity towards the ministry of SLWC. Our theme this year is “Founder’s Day” as we are recognizing the contribution of those, under God’s guidance, who helped establish SLWC. It was 60 years ago in 1957 that the Central Canada District took a leap of faith and purchased the 58 acres from Mr. Wesley. Tickets will soon be available online. Keep up with all the developments by receiving the Camp’s newsletter, or following SLWC on Facebook. Seating will be limited, so order early. You won’t want to miss the fellowship, special activities and wonderful meal.
So What’s New?:
• All donations and pledges to the Renewall Capital Campaign are being exclusively used for the upgrade of the facilities. The Camp Board has established a separate bank account for these funds. As of February 28th, a total of $229,887.82 has been pledged with $164,427.42 being received to date. Although your gifts are needed and greatly appreciated, we covet even more your prayer support. SLWC must continue to focus upon families, churches and our neighbours having a vital relationship with Jesus. Let’s invest today for our campers’ eternity!
• At the September meeting of the Camp Board, a motion was approved to a 2017 goal of renovating the Lower Camp Centre washrooms.
• The MOE has all the necessary information and submissions from our consulting engineer and has indicated that SLWC should proceed with submitting its proposal for sewage management. The approval of the Ministry regarding a waste disposal plan is a necessary step for any of the facility upgrades. Prayer is making a difference and this matter is proceeding.
• Pray for the Camp staff as the busy season of preparation begins. The camp water system needs to be operational two weeks earlier this year as the teen “Collide” weekend is on May 2nd.
• Advisors With Purpose: What will be your legacy?
Silver Lake has partnered with AWP to be able to provide you with free access to their estate planning services, as a gift from us. Their goal is to help Christians manage their estate in a way that promotes biblical stewardship by ensuring your funds are supporting causes that reflect your beliefs, and minimizing the amount lost to government taxes and fees. To date, we have had a number of people who have taken advantage of the partnership. They now have a plan that reflects their faith, their values, and their families and can enjoy the peace of mind knowing that they have their things in order. We find this exciting and encouraging. To find out more about AWP and why others from SLWC are using their services to support charities around the world, visit our website or call 1-866-336-3315.
• 100 new chairs have been purchased for use in the tabernacle and for special events such as the SLWC Gala. A special thank you to the donors!
• Should you wish to find out more information on the Capital Campaign, or on making a donation, contact Les Jewell (email@example.com or 613-968-2968) or Bernie Fast (firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-613-268-2770)
We are again thankful to all of you who have chosen to be a part of this campaign.
Yours in Christ,
The Re•new•all Capital Campaign Committee
Les Jewell (Chair), Bernie Fast, Doug Sprunt, Gabriella Gay, Kevin Gay & Jake Warren